Preparation of Surface dampproofing
(1) The area in which dampproofing is to be carried out shall be kept free of water during the application and curing of the dampproofing system.
(2) The surface to be dampproofed shall be prepared in accordance with the instructions of the dampproofing material manufacturer.
(3) Where the dampproofing material is to be applied on insulating concrete form (ICF) walls, the instructions of the ICF wall manufacturer shall be followed.
(4) Unit masonry walls to be dampproofed shall be parged on the exterior face below ground level with not less than 6 mm of mortar conforming to Section 9.20. coved over the footing.
(5) Concrete walls to be dampproofed shall have holes and recesses sealed with cement mortar or a mastic or sealant that is suitable for vertical applications and compatible with the dampproofing material.
(6) The surface required to be dampproofed shall be clean and dry and free of ice, snow, frost, dust, dirt, oil, grease, cracks, projections, depressions, loose particles and debris that could be detrimental to the performance of the membrane to be applied.
Article 188.8.131.52 Ontario Regulation 332/12 Building Code, Information published by oncodes.ca for educational purposes only.